Here's the Cliff's Notes version of the ninth inning of Cubs-Nationals on Saturd - Nyomtatható verzió
Momentum Eger
Here's the Cliff's Notes version of the ninth inning of Cubs-Nationals on Saturd - Nyomtatható verzió

+- Momentum Eger (https://givangel.hu)
+-- Fórum: Momentum Eger (https://givangel.hu/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Fórum: Helyi ügyek (https://givangel.hu/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Téma: Here's the Cliff's Notes version of the ninth inning of Cubs-Nationals on Saturd (/showthread.php?tid=80)

Here's the Cliff's Notes version of the ninth inning of Cubs-Nationals on Saturd - seestyle - 08-09-2022

Here's the Cliff's Notes version of the ninth inning of Cubs-Nationals on Saturday night: Toe tap, no tap, Joe's chapped, Doo claps back.The longer version: Cubs manager Joe Maddon was upset that Nats closer Sean Doolittle was allowed to Rhett Ellison Jersey tap his front foot on the mound while delivering a pitch, and he argued with the umpires about it.Fox Sports 1 broadcaster Len Kasper, the Cubs' regular TV voice, reminded viewers that MLB told Cubs pitcherCarl Edwards Jr. earlier this season that his toe tap constituted an illegal pitch. In Maddon's mind, umpires should have treated Doolittle the same.Maddon said the Cubs were ready to argue about Doolittle before they Dalvin Tomlinson Jersey came to town. Had seen his delivery and thought someone before them might say something. Je se Rogers (@ESPNChiCubs) Maddon eventually protested the game.MORE:A video comparison of the motionsand what Doolittle said umpires told him Saturday:Joe Maddon has protested the Cubs vs Nationals game, arguing (presumably) that Sean Doolittle was throwing illegal pitches. Here's the pitch that ultimately Michael Strahan Jersey led to the protest. Ben Porter (@Ben13Porter) Carl Edwards, Jr., Mechanics (Rear view) Rob Friedman (@PitchingNinja) Doolittle said umpires told him after both complaints his motion was not illegal. Doolittle has used the tap for more than a season and never heard it wasn't OK. Umpires said it wasn't the same motion as the one Cubs RP Carl Edwards Jr. used in ST and umpires called illegal. Sam Fortier (@Sam4TR) That's part of why Doolittle wasn't fazed by the gamesmanship. He retired the Cubs in order in the ninth inning to nail down a save. Afterward, he tweaked Maddon and his reputation for being a baseball savant:Sean Doolittle on Cubs Golden Tate III Jersey Manager Joe Maddon's complaints: "In that moment, he's not trying to do anything but rattle me and it was kind of tired. Sometimes he has to remind people how smart he is and how much he pays attention to the game. ... He put his stamp on it for sure." Sam Fortier (@Sam4TR) More Doolittle on if Maddon came out to me s Kyle Lauletta Jersey wit his mechanics/focus: That's part of the mind game that he was trying to play and I get that. I gue s I should take it as a compliment that he felt like he had to do that in order to try to throw me off my game in that situation." Todd Dybas (@Todd_Dybas) Given Doolittle's comments, Maddon's protest probably isn't worth, well, something that rhymes with tap.